Mucha and Shai both recognized at Postdoctoral Award for Research Excellence Ceremony

It is with enormous pride that I get to further publicize that Dr. Saray Shai is one of the 10 recipients of the Postdoctoral Award for Research Excellence for the 2016-17 academic year, awarded by the UNC Office of Postdoctoral Affairs. At any given time, there are roughly a thousand postdoctoral associates associated with UNC. So this is quite an honor for her, recognizing the very interesting work that she’s been doing.

As part of today’s Postdoctoral Research Award Ceremony, Saray gave a fantastic short overview talk about some of her work on transportation networks.

Saray joins her fellow postdoc, Dr. Dane Taylor, who received this same award last year. I am exceptionally proud of both of them.

I was also excited when I heard that they and others nominated me and I was selected for the Outstanding Postdoc Mentor Award, a new award this year. Of course, it’s easy to be a good mentor to such great postdocs!

We are each very grateful to the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs for these recognitions!

img_1098Photo credit to Natalie Stanley.